Crossroad Farm is seeking a capable and enthusiastic Assistant
Manager to join the team at our farm stand in Norwich, Vermont. The stand will
open for its second year under the ownership of Crossroad Farm in May
2018. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to
work with current management, helping to grow and expand this highly regarded
A Farm Stand Assistant Manager is expected to provide assistance through leadership and ambition, both in accordance with Crossroad Farm’s mission and goals. Before Crossroad’s first season in 2017, the farm stand had been in operation for 30+ years and remains a cornerstone of the town of Norwich’s retail marketplace. An assistant manager will help to continue the positive transition and on-going tradition of selling fresh, local and seasonal produce.
This position requires an individual who is well organized, has strong communication skills, experience in retail sales, and a knowledge of and passion for local food and sustainable agriculture. This individual must be motivated and confident, flexible in their ability to work closely with Crossroad Farm management, and excited help to grow a successful business in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. Primary job responsibilities extend from May through mid-November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Crossroad Farm management and Farm Stand Manager to help with opening and closing the farm stand
- Give assistance to the Farm Stand Manager with general stand operations, including but not limited: vendor relationships, ordering and inventory, general cash management and daily reconciliation
- Show leadership and help in delegating tasks to daily farm stand staff, typically 3-4 people
- Monitor inventory to ensure freshness, excellent presentation and a guarantee of high quality, local produce
- Execute attractive merchandising including layout, signage and display
- Collect and share feedback from customers and CSA members, working with Crossroad Farm management and Farm Stand Manager to provide the best possible customer experience
- Give assistance to the Farm Stand Manager with marketing communications, including email newsletters, social media as well as in-stand sales and specials
This is an hourly position – compensation information is available upon request.
Please send an email introducing yourself, with a resume and three professional references to Sarah Brousseau, Farm Stand Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org