Title: Hartford Community Coalition Prevention Coordinator
Duration: February -June 30,2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with community stakeholders to implement coordinated efforts to reduce opiate misuse in Hartford.
• Co-facilitate monthly HCC Substance Misuse and Mental Health subcommittee meetings
• Attend bi-monthly Hartford Community Coalition board meetings and present report on monthly activities
• Organize and manage community media, education, and events to increase awareness of prescription drug safe disposal locations and strategies
• Distribute Twin State Safe Meds and Parent Up materials across paid and unpaid media outlets
• Outreach to pharmacists and prescribers to increase engagement of educating patients of safe disposal of prescription drugs
• Be the Hartford liaison to the Windsor County Regional Prevention Partnership group. Attend regular meetings and share strategies with HCC, deploy strategies in Town of Hartford
• Support the planning and coordination of prevention strategies and their corresponding activities with the Drug Free Communities Coordinator.
• Attend 2018 National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit, share learning with HCC and deploy strategies in Hartford
• Develop sustainability plan for Opiate Misuse reduction work in Hartford
• Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions.
• Keep updated records of activities and programs and create reports.
• Schedule and organize HCC SMMH meetings/events.
• Help build positive community relations between Hartford Community Coalition and the Hartford community.
• Ensure the implementation of best practices in prevention and community relations.
Background in health education, substance misuse prevention, community outreach or communications preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
• Excellent written, verbal, computer, communication and public speaking skills
• Ability to organize, lead and motivate community groups
• Confidence and comfort utilizing multiple social media platforms.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and work with diverse teams
• Demonstrated success in working independently
• Ability to work flexible hours. Some weekend, night and overnight travel required
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Interested candidates please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 18, 2018.