Join our dynamic team and bustling operations! – We have Full-Time or Part-Time openings in our Kitchen Production & Operations. Flexible hours and no experience necessary.
We are based in Artisans Park in Windsor VT (directly opposite Harpoon Brewery!)
Blake Hill Preserves is one of the nation’s fastest growing and rapidly becoming oneof the most respected artisan preserve makers. At Blake Hill we take preservemaking to the next level and passionately craft unique and truly artisan allnatural jams, marmalades and chutneys using only the finest ingredients. BlakeHill has now won seven Gold Medals at the World Marmalade Awards in England, six US Good Food Awards and a SOFI, a record for a US producer.
- Preparing jars and lids for canning.
- Preparing ingredients including fruit sorting and slicing
- Recipe preparation, cooking and canning
- Maintain cleanliness of our kitchen
- Maintain established safe canning practices and associated documentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- High School diploma at a minimum
- Physically fit to be able to handle demands of kitchen operations including moving and lifting ingredients such as 50lb bags of sugar and standing on the canning line.
- Must be safety conscious and process orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be adept at handling kitchen equipment such as knives, blenders and fruit slicers.
- Proficient in basic maths to be able to compute recipes
- Attention to detail is a must and must possess analytical skills to properly complete and maintain accuracy of recipe and safe canning documentation
- Must be clean and tidy with a very strong awareness of hygiene.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be a team player
- Must be confident and resourceful and have the ability to multitask
- Previous jam making experience not a requirement
Paid hourly. Very competitive rates which will depend on experience. Come in for a chat and we will discuss more.
Ideally 40 hrs a week but flexible (including possibility of part time position for the right person). We can discuss your particular circumstances when we meet.
Contact Mary Ball for more information: email@example.com