RSG is seeking a Data Engineer with experience in data acquisition, conflation and analysis, and visualization. This position is based in White River Junction, Vermont.
AS A DATA ENGINEER
You work with RSG’s Data Scientists and Modelers to implement production processes and pipelines for acquiring and analyzing data, and visualizing results. You write software that is readable, efficient, testable, maintainable, and extensible and you continually strive to improve your skills in these areas.
You are a self-motivated, results-driven, team member that enjoys collaborating with others. You have strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to communicate technical work clearly and concisely. You are skilled at working with relational databases. You are additionally a Python expert, or confident in your ability to become one. You also have professional experience with a few other languages. You are experienced developing under Linux and additionally are comfortable in a Windows or Macintosh environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a data wrangler
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing abilities
- Experience in web server construction
- Experience working with and/or writing open-source software
- Proficiency in Python and relational data, working knowledge of R
- Familiarity with activity-based travel modeling and geo-location data
Please visit our employment page: http://rsginc.com/join-us.
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled