7 FREE Places to Ice Skate in the Upper Valley
- Pat Walsh Park in Lebanon, NH offers two ice rinks. One is for advanced skaters and hockey games, the other is for casual skating and beginners.
- The village green in Norwich, VT has an ice rink that is available day and night. One of the few places with lights on at night, this is a great option for a late night hockey game.
- Occom Pond in Hanover, NH. This is a personal favorite. All of New England's charm is captured on this frozen pond.
- Frost Park in Wilder, VT offers an open air shelter and free ice skating. (Please note that due to weather conditions, the rink has not yet been opened this year)
- The Quechee Club in Quechee, VT has a nice, illuminated pond to skate on.
- If you are a resident of Lyme, NH (or if you happen to know a resident) you can enjoy ice skating at both Post Pond and on the town green.
- Possibly the coolest option for free ice skating around the Upper Valley can be found at Lake Morey in Fairlee, VT. It boasts the longest skating trail in the U.S. If you happen to stay at the Lake Morey Resort, you can enjoy some of their fantastic events, as well.