January in New England means a lot of snow and a lot of ice! Luckily both of those things come together to create some pretty fantastic snow and ice festivals. Here are the Top 10 Festivals in Vermont and New Hampshire this January!
- Winter Family Fun Day (Plymouth, VT) - A FREE day of tubing, skiing, skating, broomball, skating, a bonfire and more from 10am - 4pm at Bethany Birches Camp.
- 2019 Grafton Ice Bar (Grafton, VT) - Food, drinks, music, S'mores adnm ore from 5pm - 9pm!
- Winter Carnival at Bretton Woods (Bretton Woods, NH) - You can enjoy movies, cookie decorating, puppet shows, skiing and much, much more during your long weekend getaway at Bretton Woods! Carnival runs from January 18th -21st.
- White Park Winter Carnival (Concord, NH) - Family fun will abound at this carnival with ice skating, a bonfire and more from 1pm - 4pm.
- Stowe Winter Carnival (Stowe, VT) - The Stowe Winter Carnival will feature sports events, an ice carving competition, a Youth Ice Fishing Competition and more from January 25th - 27th.
- Snow Sculpting Competition (Jackson, NH) - Professional snow sculptors will gather to compete from the 26th - 28th. There will be activities for kids, a torchlight parade and more.
- Waterbury Winterfest (Waterbury, VT) - This 10-day festival will feature food, music, snowshoeing, a fat tire event and much, much more. From January 25th - February 3rd.
- North Bennington Winter Festival (Bennington, VT) - Take an icy plunge, shop the market, enjoy a pig roast, a chili cookoff, tractor rides, indoor activities and more at this great festival!
- Hooksett Winter Carnival (Hooksett, NH) - Professional ice sculptors, sledding, ice skating, food, music and more from 10AM - 4PM.
- Free Ice Fishing Day Festival (North Hero, VT) - Vermont Fish & Wildlife staff will be on hand to teach everyone how to participate in this fun sport. You can enjoy a fish fry and cocoa and there will be warming huts to keep you warm. Event runs from 11am to 3pm.
***Sign up HERE to receive email updates every time Weekend Wanderers posts about fun activities and events around Vermont and New Hampshire!***