Fall Season Recognition for Mascoma Student-Athletes
The 2018 fall high school athletic season may seem like a distant memory now, but the accolades continue to roll in for Mascoma student-athletes.
Here's a quick recap of the fall season, and post-season announcements:
- Field Hockey: The NH D3 State Champions from Mascoma had a memorable season. The New Hampshire Field Hockey Coaches Association selected Amelia Wilson for First Team, and Nikki Williams and Michaela Dowd for Second Team All-State honors. Mascoma will also be represented on the NH Twin State Field Hockey team, as both Bella Kondi and Katie Pushee were selected for that roster.
- Soccer: The Royals just missed the cut for the playoffs this fall, but show great potential. The boys soccer all-state teams, as selected by the division coaches, were also recently released and Mascoma junior Ben Schwarz was an Honorable Mention pick for Division III.
- Volleyball: In a year with a new head coach and no seniors on the team, the Royals have much to be proud of. They made their first playoff appearance in a decade or so, and even though they didn't have any players named to the All-State list this year, we should expect to see that kind of recognition in the near future for the up-and-coming squad.
- Cross Country: In the Division III State Meet, Mascoma got team-best runs from Gabe Rock on the boys side (111th) and Meghan Clough on the girls side (75th). Another program growing its feeder program before high school, there are 10 students from Indian River School and Canaan Elementary School are currently out in Reno, NV for the National Junior Olympic Meet as part of the Granite State Flash team. Good luck, future Mascoma runners!
- Football: Playing in the new NHIAA Division IV and with a new head coach, the Royals had several competitive games and demonstrated a renewed sense of Mascoma pride. Several players were recently named to the NH Division IV All-State teams - Joe Stone (First Team Offense), Caleb Mcalister (First Team Defense), Tyler David (Second Team Defense), and Mike Evans (Honorable Mention).
This fall also saw the creation of a new athletic booster club organization, the Royals Athletic Boosters, to help build community pride and school spirit for Mascoma Valley Regional High School sports teams. They join the Mascoma Football Boosters and Mascoma Wrestling Boosters in their support of local high school athletics. Follow these groups to learn more about what they do and how you can be involved.
Congratulations to all fall student-athletes, and good luck to the winter teams! Season schedules can be found at https://mascomaathletics.org/