Wassail Weekend in Woodstock
And Other Holiday Activities
After a long four days without power in the village, Woodstock is gearing up for its favorite holiday festival. The Wassail Weekend in Woodstock, Vermont is quite possibly the best holiday weekend event in all of New England! Activities begin Friday, December 7 and continue through Sunday, December 9.
"Filled with twinkling lights, historic decorated homes, breakfast with Santa, and so much more, the town transforms into the holiday wonderland of your dreams, complete with sleigh bells during our Wassail Parade and holiday decorations at Billings Farm that harken back to historic 19th century charm. There's something for all ages throughout this festive holiday weekend." - Woosdtockvt.com
(photo by Lura Pratson, wreath by Michelle Pratson)
Click Here for a Holiday Wassail Cocktail Recipe!
These are a few of my favorite things:
1. Woodstock Wassail Weekend Artisan Market on Elm Street, Friday, Saturday and Sunday hours.
- A popular outdoor market specific to this weekend. Vendors such as Laura White Pottery, Ambrosia Confections, New England Hot Fudge, Artisan June, Silo Distillery, Pretty Pillowcases, Erin Kaukas Designs (handbags), and more will be set up. ( Everything You Need To Know )
2. Breakfast with Santa, 8 am - 11 am Saturday, December 8 at the Little Theater, $
3. 17th Annual Holiday House Tour, 9:30am - 2pm Saturday, December 8, $45
- Get your tickets from Pentangle for this festive and charming tour of several of the historic homes in the village.
4. Wassail Parade, 2pm Saturday, December 8, Free
- Watch from Elm Street or from The Green, as festively dressed people, horses, and instrumentalists prance about the town's center.
5. Yule Log and Memory Tree Lighting with Caroling, 3 pm Saturday, December 8, Free
- At the conclusion of the parade, gather by the bonfire at the center of The Green to sing carols and light-up the Memory Tree.
6. Life-sized Gingerbread House, at The Woodstock Inn, December, Free
- Take a self-guided tour through the Inn's gingerbread house display, but don't forget to take a selfie at their life-sized Gingerbread house!
Photo courtesy of The Woodstock Inn Facebook page
7. "The Holiday", Friday, Dec 7 and "Love Actually", Sunday, Dec 9 at The Town Hall Theater, 7:30pm, $5
- Watch a very special showing of two very popular holiday films provided by Pentangle.
For a Full List of Events Click Here!
For a Very Detailed List of Events Click Here!
For a 1 page image of events Click Here!
The Holiday fun begins Wassail Weekend and continues through the month of December. Don't forget to make your plans to visit Woodstock, Vermont, listed repeatedly as one of the best small towns to visit during the holidays. See where Woodstock ranks according to Country Living in their November 7, 2018 article, "America's 30 Best Small Towns for Christmas".
Where to find the best holiday trees?
- Bunny Acres, open Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 3 pm, from Thanksgiving - Christmas.
Photo courtesy of Bunny Acres Facebook page
If you are in town on Thursday, December 20th, 2018 - Mon Vert Cafe is hosting a Holiday Cookie Decorating Party from 4 pm - 6 pm. For $10 each child (no age limit on the child label!), will receive 1 hot cocoa to enjoy while they decorate 3 sugar cookies with all sorts of unique decorations.
Photo courtesy of Mont Vert Cafe Facebook page
For more blog posts by The Woodstock Local - Click Here
Subscribe to The Woodstock Local - Click Here