Day Tripping to Grafton, VT
Recently, we decided to head down to Grafton, VT for a day of exploration. We were delighted to find a town that was quaint and beautiful. Grafton is an easy place to navigate by foot and there are plenty of things to do and see. We particularly enjoyed walking around and admiring the historic buildings and lovely homes in the center of town. The trip was so much fun, that I couldn't help but imagine how delightful it would be to spend a cozy weekend in Grafton this winter. Whether you decide to visit for a day or to stay for awhile, here are five things you should see and do while in Grafton, VT.
- Visit the historic Grafton Inn. This charming Inn is full of history and there are beautiful trails to explore around the Inn. It sits in the center of town and provides a great starting point for you excursions.
- Eat at MKT (try the Veggie Stack!) and check out the Grafton Village Store to pick up a souvenir.
- Stroll through the woods at The Nature Museum. Explore the outdoors or take some time to enjoy the indoor activities if the weather is chilly.
- Visit Grafton Village Cheese to purchase treats and sample some delicious cheese.
- Be sure to stop at The Vermont Country Store in Rockingham, VT on your way to Grafton. You'll find warm winter items, fun toys and games and plenty of samples of cheese, meat, maple syrup, etc. It's a great place to pick up some local treats or a gift for someone special. You could spend well over an hour just browsing through the items in this country store.