We're gearing up for the holidays-come jam with us! We have Full-Time and/or Part-Time openings in our Kitchen Production. Flexible hours, including some evening hours, and no experience necessary!
We are based in Artisans Park in Windsor VT (directly opposite Harpoon Brewery!)
Blake Hill Preserves is one of the nation’s fastest growing and rapidly becoming one of the most respected artisan preserve makers. At Blake Hill we take preserve making to the next level and passionately craft unique and truly artisan all natural jams, marmalades and chutneys using only the finest ingredients. Blake Hill has now won seven Gold Medals at the World Marmalade Awards in England, seven US Good Food Awards and two SOFIs, a record for a US producer.
- Preparing jars and lids for canning.
- Preparing ingredients including fruit sorting and slicing
- Recipe preparation, cooking and canning
- Maintain cleanliness of our kitchen
- Maintain established safe canning practices and associated documentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- High School diploma at a minimum
- Physically fit to be able to handle demands of kitchen operations including moving and lifting ingredients such as 50lb bags of sugar and standing on the canning line.
- Must be safety conscious and process orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be adept at handling kitchen equipment such as knives, blenders and fruit slicers.
- Proficient in basic maths to be able to compute recipes
- Attention to detail is a must and must possess analytical skills to properly complete and maintain accuracy of recipe and safe canning documentation
- Must be clean and tidy with a very strong awareness of hygiene.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be a team player
- Must be confident and resourceful and have the ability to multitask
- Previous jam making experience not a requirement
Paid hourly. Very competitive rates which will depend on experience.
Send resume to Mary Ball: email@example.com