Connecticut Man with Claremont, Manchester ties Sentenced to 7.5-20 years at the NHSP

Submitted 4 months ago
Created by
Press release

First Degree Assault, Witness Tampering Among Charges

Tommy Edwards, 54, of Connecticut was sentenced in Sullivan Superior Court on August 9 to serve a term of incarceration at the New Hampshire State Prison of 7.5-20 years.  Edwards was sentenced after entering an Alford plea for two counts of first degree assault, witness tampering, and criminal solicitation to commit perjury.  Edwards received a 5-15 year term of incarceration for witness tampering, which will run concurrent to one count of first degree assault.  Edwards was further sentenced to 10-20 years at the New Hampshire State Prison for a second first degree assault conviction, which was suspended for a period of 20 years conditioned upon good behavior, and a second 5-15 year suspended sentence for criminal solicitation to commit perjury, which was also suspended.  

Advertisement: Content continues below...

Edwards was arrested in the city of Manchester in April 2017.  The arrest occurred as a result of a lengthy criminal investigation conducted by the Claremont Police Department into the violent sexual assault of a juvenile.  Captain Stephen Lee and Captain Colby Casey further uncovered Edwards subsequent attempts to manufacture an alibi for his whereabouts on July 22, 2016.  Lee and Casey were provided assistance in the investigation by Sullivan County Sherriff Lieutenant Denis O’Sullivan.   

The law enforcement community of Sullivan County remains steadfast in its efforts to stop dangerous physical and sexual assaults, said Sullivan County Attorney Marc Hathaway.  “The Sullivan County Attorney’s Office is determined to prosecute these types of crimes in ways designed to achieve justice for those impacted individuals, to keep the people of Sullivan County safe, and to meet the punitive, rehabilitative, and deterrence objectives of sentencing.”

The Claremont Police Department conducted this investigation, were provided assistance by the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, and the case was prosecuted by Deputy Sullivan County Attorney Justin Hersh.


Download the DailyUV app today!