Crossroad Farm is seeking capable and enthusiastic Farm Stand Members to join our team. Our Norwich Stand, located on Route 5 in Norwich, VT, is a bustling cornerstone of the local community, providing farm fresh produce to Upper Valley residents and travelers alike. As such, a member at this farm stand will help to further educate and communicate key values and benefits of seasonal and sustainable farming.
This position requires an individual who is well organized, has strong personal skills, experience in retail as well as a knowledge of and passion for local food and sustainable agriculture. This individual must be motivated, confident and excited! Both part time and full time positions are available, starting the last week of August 2018.
- working with customer and retail relations, including but not limited to operating a cash register, answer produce questions, caring for plants, restocking, pricing and organizing inventory
- gaining knowledge of all merchandise to better help and serve customers
- help in maintaining the highest quality of our local produce
- help in creating and maintaining attractive merchandising and displays
- work closely with Farm Stand Management
- must be able to lift 30 lbs. individually and 50 lbs. with assistance and be comfortable with a highly active work environment
This position is paid hourly, compensation depends on experience and can be discussed if requested.
To apply, please send an email introducing yourself with a resume with professional references to Sarah Brousseau, Farm Stand Manager - email@example.com