The Upper Valley is a hiker's dreamland. You can find beautiful trails to explore year-round. The options may seem endless, but I've gathered some of my favorite trails in the area to hike with young kids. Many of these trails also have some sort of waterway that are perfect for splashing around and cooling off.
NEW HAMPSHIRE TRAILS
- French's Ledges (Plainfield, NH) - Fairly easy, quick hike (be prepared to scramble up some rocks at the summit) with a gorgeous 360-degree view.
- Mount Cardigan (Orange, NH) - I love the views at the end of this trail.
- Cole Pond (Enfield, NH) - This is a fun hike that ends at a beautiful pond. Perfect for a picnic!
- Colette Trail (Enfield, NH) - A pretty brook and an easy hike.
- Balch Hill (Hanover, NH) - Easy hike with pretty views.
- Mink Brook (Hanover, NH) - Great place to hike and wade in the water.
- Boston Lot Lake (West Lebanon, NH) - You can swim, camp, hike and explore here.
- Quechee Gorge (Quechee, VT) - You can play in the water at the bottom of the trail here.
- Wrights Mountain (Bradford, VT) - Easy hike with a great view at the top. There is also a place to camp at the top.
- Gile Mountain (Norwich, VT) - Fantastic fire tower to climb at the top of the trail! This trail was closed in 2017 due to road damage from a previous storm; however, the town of Norwich issued a statement saying the trail was reopened in May 2018.
- Mount Tom (Woodstock, VT) - You can get some gorgeous views of Woodstock here and there are many trail options.
- You can also hike along the trails at VINS (Quechee, VT) and the Montshire Museum (Norwich, VT) with paid admission. Most local libraries have a free 4-person pass to VINS that you can borrow.
**Sign up HERE to receive email updates each time Weekend Wanderers posts about fun Upper Valley events!**