Developed at Stanford University, this evidence-based, six-week interactive workshop was designed to enhance treatments already in place for participants dealing with chronic pain. The program, led by two trained leaders, teaches participants a host of skills needed to manage their health while staying active and involved in their own lives. The subjects discussed in the workshop include;
1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue isolation, and poor sleep,
2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance,
3) appropriate use of medications,
4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals,
6) pacing activity and rest,
and 7) how to evaluate new treatments
This program runs for 6 Tuesdays from September 18th to October 23rd, from 1:30 to 4pm.