Summer break has arrived for most kids! It's time to make plans and have some fun. I've made a list of our favorite summer activities and events. Enjoy the summer season, friends!
- Pick Your Own Berries - Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and more can be found all around the Upper Valley. We love to pick our own berries and make delicious smoothies, jam and baked goods all summer long.
- Find a Local Swimming Hole - Maybe it's a quiet spot along a river, or a lake near your home. Wherever it is, enjoy the warm, clear water and bright sunny skies.
- Attend an Outdoor Concert - Many Upper Valley towns host outdoor concerts weekly.
- Head to the Beach - Whether you head to the lake, ocean or river, the beach is fun for everyone.
- Kayak, Canoe or Float Down a River - The Connecticut River and the White River are both excellent options for afternoon rides.
- Hike a Mountain - We love to explore the trails in the area. There are so many great options nearby and it's a great way to stay active and outdoors.
- Read a New Book - All of the local libraries have summer reading programs for kids and some even have adult reading programs! Or you can attend a book sale and grab some new books for a few dollars.
- Visit a Farmer's Market - There are so many great Farmers' Markets in the area. Personally, I love the markets held in Norwich, VT (Saturday mornings) and Lebanon, NH (Thursday evenings).
- Stop by a Food Truck - Colburn Park in Lebanon, NH has been taken over by a number of delicious food trucks during the lunch hours. Yum!
- Grab Some Ice Cream - We are frequent visitors of Ice Cream Fore-U, but we also make appearances at the Whippi Dip in Fairlee, VT and at the Dairy Twirl in Lebanon, NH.
- Go Mini Golfing - Golf Fore-U has a fun course that we love.
- See a Movie at the Drive-In - We like to visit the Fairlee Drive-In at least once a summer.
Sign up HERE to receive email updates each time Weekend Wanderers creates a new post!