We’re working with the Chamber of Commerce, Police Dept., Rec. Dept., School District, Vital Communities and a host of others to organize Bike Rodeo activities on 6/2/18 from 10am-1pm with group trail ride at 2pm (see attached flyer). It’s a kids-oriented outdoor fest held in large part to support the City’s status with the League of American Cyclists as a Bike Friendly Community, in turn to support Master Plan goals. It’s also simply fun to help new riders to become comfortable on wheels and to showcase organizations in Lebanon that support biking and/or have cyclist patrons.
FREE EVENT REGISTRATION! PRIZES! RAFFLE! PIZZA & REFRESHMENTS!
Rodeo activity course plus local experts provide bike and helmet stations for kids (targeted ages 10 and under but all welcome!):
- Register bikes with the Lebanon Police Department and McGruff the dog mascot!
- Helmet safety check (with limited supply of free new helmets available from the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock!)
- Bike adjustments and air pump
- How to come to a controlled stop
- Road rules for safety
- Navigation skills with gentle obstacles
- How to avoid distractions
- Adult bike skills
Join us! Volunteers and sponsors are encouraged to reach out by May 15th to provide contributions or day-of assistance with the activities. Please contact email@example.com.
Registration will be on-location on the day of the event. For more information:
City calendar https://lebanonnh.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=794
City Police Facebook posting https://www.facebook.com/events/1548574771923894/