There are lots of nonprofits in the Upper Valley doing lots of things. We think it's worth knowing what the missions of these organizations are, who runs them and who is volunteering their time to help run them.
Mission: The Family Place delivers comprehensive programs designed to strengthen positive relationships, teach essential skills and promote enduring healthy growth for families with young children in the Upper Valley and surrounding communities.
A little background: The Family Place was founded in 1985 in White River Junction by a concerned group of community members. A small storefront in downtown White River Junction served as the first location for the organization. In 1988, following a merger with the Parent Aide program and Learning to Listen (a therapeutic preschool), The Family Place became designated as the Parent Child Center for Windsor County by the Vermont Agency of Human Services. The Family Place is now located 319 US Route 5 South in Norwich.
Executive Director: Nancy Bloomfield
Board of Directors:
- Posie Taylor, Chair (retired Executive Director of The Aloha Foundation, lives in White River Junction)
- Rick Dustin-Eichler, Vice-Chair (Principal Dothan Brook School, lives in Hartford)
- Elizabeth Chabot, Secretary (employed by FUJIFILM Dimatix, lives in Canaan)
- Mary Howell (Community Volunteer and Mentor, lives in Hanover)
- Laurel Mackin (Communications Consultant, lives in Thetford Center)
- Donald McCabe (retired social worker, lives in Norwich)
- Patricia Monahan (employed by Mascoma Bank, lives in Norwich)
- Nancy Muller (independent Health Coach, lives in Norwich)
- Margaret Mulley, Treasurer (Retired from Deloitte & Touche, lives in Hanover)
- Mary Nyhan (employed by Dartmouth College, lives in Hanover)
- Angela Orlando (employed by Dartmouth College, lives in Lebanon)
- Ted Reeves (employed by Okemo Mountain Resort, lives in Springfield, VT)
- Robin Rice-Voigt (employed by Dartmouth Health Connect, lives in Norwich)
- Amy Robb (self-employed, lives in S. Pomfret)
- Kerry Ryan (retired from DHMC, lives in Hartford)
- Paul Sawyer (Pastor at Hartland Unitarian Universalist Church, lives in Hartland)
- Lori Shipulski (employed by Four Seasons Sotheby's International Realty, lives in Etna)
- Angela Stafford (employed by Dartmouth College, lives in Hanover)
- Luke Webster (attorney, lives in Lebanon)
- Charles Wheelan (employed by Dartmouth College, lives in Hanover)
You're reading Worth Knowing, the place to find news about Upper Valley businesses and organizations. If you have news that's worth knowing, email us at email@example.com and we'll get the word out to the community for you.