Carbon Monoxide Investigation in Claremont


Submitted 7 months ago
Created by
Press release

Occupants, Several First Responders Treated for CM Poisoning

New Hampshire State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan announced this morning, along with Claremont Fire Chief Bryan Burr and Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase, a carbon monoxide investigation at 26 Belding Street in Claremont.

Advertisement: Content continues below...

On April 12, at approximately 11:36 p.m., the Claremont Police Department and the Claremont Fire Department, as well as Golden Cross Ambulance Service, were requested to respond to the above address for a medical call.  Upon their arrival, the first responders discovered that the three occupants of the home were exhibiting signs of carbon monoxide poisoning; there were also highly elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside the residence.

All of the occupants of the home, as well as two friends that came by to visit them, were transported to area hospitals for treatment.  In addition, one police officer, two fire fighters and two EMS providers were transported for carbon monoxide poisoning as well; all are expected to fully recover.    

The cause of the carbon monoxide release is still under investigation by members of the NH State Fire Marshal’s Office, the Claremont Police Department and the Claremont Fire Department. 

 Degnan, in a statement, said that he would like to "remind all New Hampshire citizens of the importance of having working carbon monoxide alarms in your homes and to know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.  Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is known as the silent killer.  Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision or loss of consciousness.  If you experience any of these symptoms, get to fresh air and call E911 immediately."

Comments

Download the DailyUV app today!