2,782 Ways the Upper Valley Aquatic Center Builds Community
The non-profit Upper Valley Aquatic Center (UVAC) has become an exercise, recreation, and rehabilitation destination for thousands since our opening in 2009. Families, groups, and individuals use UVAC as a valuable resource to learn and sharpen swim skills, become stronger, rehabilitate, compete and celebrate. In fact, UVAC sees more than 150,000 members and guests annually.
Our Financial Aid Fund—including the Free Hartford Learn-to-Swim program and Community Access Programs—helps support our Center’s goal to "deliver a diverse range of high-quality fitness and aquatic programs accessible to all members of the Upper Valley Community."
Because of the generosity of donors, this year:
- 140+ children and adults have learned to swim free of charge
- 155 families have received memberships
- 47 weeks of Summer Splash Camp went to kids free of charge
- 80 individuals have received memberships
- 60+ participants in the FREE PALS for Life cancer survivor program, and discounted Arthritis and Addiction Recovery programs
- 500 seniors participated in free swimming, water exercise and land classes through our Free Senior Friday Community Access Program.
- 1800 free passes were granted to local charities to use as gifts and for fundraising.
Why donate to the UVAC financial aid fund? In the video below hear a compelling thank you letter of healing and inspiration explaining how an Upper Valley Aquatic Center membership changed two people's lives.