Investigation into Conduct of Two Claremont Police Department Officers

AG Office Releases Statement

Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald announced this evening that the Attorney General’s Office has opened a criminal investigation into the conduct of Ian Kibbe and Mark Burch of the Claremont Police Department. 

Advertisement: Content continues below...

This investigation was initiated based on information received on March 15, 2018, from Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase, said the AG’s office. The focus of the investigation concerns “allegations that while acting in their capacity as police officers, Kibbe and Burch falsified documentation related to a search that occurred in late February, 2018”, said MacDonald in a press release.

“Because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, no further information will be provided at this time,” said the AG’s office. “Additional information will be provided when possible, consistent with our obligation to ensure the integrity of the investigation.  All individuals are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty of a charged offense,” MacDonald reminded the public. 

Chase told the e-Ticker News that Kibbe and Burch "are no longer employees of the Claremont Police Department. Their status changed in the last week."  Chase was unable to comment further, due to restrictions on discussing personnel matters.

Comments 1

Download the DailyUV app today!