Courtesy, Lebanon Fire Dept.

Fire at Victor Technologies


Submitted 9 months ago
Created by
Press release

Heavy Smoke Conditions Reported

At 12:06 p.m., Thursday, March 22,  the Lebanon Fire Department was dispatched to Box 2535, Victor Technologies at 82 Benning Street. Upon arrival of West Lebanon Truck 2, personnel reported a smoke condition at the eaves of the building. According to Fire Chief Chris Christopoulos, the assignment was upgraded to a 1st Alarm Assignment. Upon further investigation and entry, firefighters encountered a heavy smoke condition and found a fire in a portable metal dust collector. The fire was quickly extinguished and personnel performed extensive overhaul operations. The fire was contained to the equipment, but the entire building suffered heavy smoke damage. The fire was declared under control at 12:39 p.m. Personnel remained on scene until 2:05 p.m. removing smoke. 

Advertisement: Content continues below...

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and by overheated metal dust causing large paper filters in the dust collector to combust. 

On-site personnel attempted to extinguish the fire prior to notifying the fire department, and there were no reported injuries. 

The Hanover, NH, and Hartford, VT, Fire Departments assisted on scene and the Enfield Fire Department provided station coverage, said Christopoulos.

Comments

Download the DailyUV app today!