This program is designed for people who are caring for a family member with a progressive brain disease. If you are feeling stressed, frustrated and overwhelmed, this six-week program aims to provide you with:
- Basic knowledge of various types of dementias and how they may affect an individual
- Skills and strategies that can enhance structure and routine within the home environment
- Encouragement to develop a more objective approach to your loved one's condition
- Strategies that can enhance structure and routine within the home environment
- An opportunity to meet and talk with other caregivers to share ideas and offer support
This program runs every Tuesday for six sessions from October 30th to December 4th, from 9:30am to 11:30am at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Aging Resource Center.
Note* Pre-registration is required.