Developed at Stanford University, this evidence-based, six-week interactive workshop was designed to enhance treatments already in place for participants dealing with chronic pain. The program, facilitated by two trained leaders, teaches participants a host of skills needed to manage health while staying active and involved in their own lives. Some topics to be discussed in the workshop include:
1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep;
2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance;
3) appropriate use of medications;
4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals;
6) pacing activity and rest;
and 7) how to evaluate new treatments.
Note* Pre-registration is required.