Exhibit Reception: Thursday, January 11 from 2:00 - 4:00 PM
January 4 – February 27
7 Lebanon St, Suite 107 in Hanover, NH
Monday thru Thursday • 8:30 – 4:30 PM; Fridays • 8:30 – 1:00 PM
As a child, I had always known I wanted to be a teacher, but it wasn't until my 1st art class as a senior in high school that I knew I wanted to teach art. I have been teaching and making art for over 50 years. Following are some of the highlights:
- B.S. in Art Education from University of New Hampshire and M.A. in Educational Administration from St. Mary's College of California
- Private and public school art teacher, every grade level from pre-school thru high school (in Utah, new Hampshire, California and Vermont)
- Retired in 2011 from Peoples Academy, Morrisville, VT as middle & high school art teacher and high school administrator
- Artist/Owner, RdG Studio in Hardwick, VT...specializing in art instruction, watercolor paintings, two & three dimensional watercolor and hand-painted glassware
- Student of watercolor...numerous classes and workshops to enhance painting skills
- Member, Vermont Watercolor Society
- Art Instructor....classes & workshops in VT & NH
- Exhibiting watercolor artist in juried & non-juried shows in CA, VT & NH
As an artist, I am both a teacher and a learner. The challenge and adventure of learning, making and teaching watercolor is my joy, my passion, my 'Zen'.
I worked as an elementary art teacher for 23 years then another 13 years in school administration. I loved my time in both these positions and was able to promote the Arts, integrate art across the curriculum and educate the community on the benefit of an arts education. Believing that art is for everyone, I now volunteer in Lebanon and Newport to bring art opportunities to new and returning artists.
I love painting with my sister/mentor, Rosalie. We try to spend studio or plien aire time with each other and our watercolors each week.
- University of New Hampshire: Bachelor of Science in Art Education
- Plymouth State College: Master of Education
- Certified Art Teacher, New Hampshire Department of Education
- Chair, Board of Directors of Library Arts Center, Newport, New Hampshire
- 2015-2017 Taught five OSHER@Dartmouth classes on watercolor
- 2014 and 2017 exhibited at the Juried Regional Art Exhibit at Library Arts Center, Newport, New Hampshire
- 2016 Two Woman show at Kilton Library, West Lebanon, New Hampshire
"Art is not what you see but what you make others see." -Edgar Degas
This is free and open to the public.