The Work Never Ends for Public Works
From Town Manager Leo Pullar's Oct. 10 Significant Activity Report, this update from on Public Works activities:
- Hartigan began their contract flushing and televising the sewer lines in the White River area.
- The wastewater crew pulled a pump on Bridge Street to remove a rock that was partially blocking the pump.
- Nick Burnham and his community service crew began painting hydrants in the White River Junction.
- The Water Department discovered a service line on Fairview Terrace that went through a neighbor’s house before going into their own house. To remedy this situation, the water crew installed a new service line from the main to the edge of the Right-of-Way. The owner will connect to the curb stop left by the crew and tie it into their house.
- July 1, 2017 Flooding: The Highway Department continues to work on the list of washouts from the July 1st storm.
- The roadside mowing operations continue while the road repairs are underway.
- The following roads have had the final coat of paving:
- Hillside Road
- Marsh Family Road
- Waterman Hill Road
- The Lower Sykes Mountain sidewalk began construction by DuBois Construction.