The Vermont Cheese Trail - A Road Trip Devoted Entirely to Cheese
Calling all cheese lovers!
Did you know that Vermont has it's very own Cheese Trail? Vermont is known for its maple syrup and cheese (which may be why I love this state so much!). If you're looking for a perfect way to occupy a rainy fall day, hit the road and fill up on all the cheese samples you can handle!
View this route on Mapquest HERE.
1. Sugarbush Farm (Woodstock, VT) - Start local with one of the Upper Valley's gems. Sample cheese and maple syrup here.
2. Plymouth Artisan Cheese (Plymouth, VT) - This is the second oldest cheese factory in the United States and it was started by President Calvin Coolidge's father.
3. Crowley Cheese (Healdville, VT) - Old-fashioned cheese that boasts several awards - including Yankee Magazine's Best of New England Award in 2014. It is the oldest continually-operating cheese factory in America.
4. Rowland Agricultural Center at Hildene (Manchester, VT) - Visit The Lincoln Family Home and explore the agricultural center to view the cheesemaking process.
5. Grafton Village Cheese (Grafton, VT) - Take in the quintessential New England village of Grafton and stay at the historic Grafton Inn if you can.
6. Cabot Cheese (Cabot, VT) - Cabot produces the most cheese in Vermont. They offer samples galore in their sample room and a fun, affordable tour.
7. Shelburne Farms (Shelburne, VT) - Explore the walking trails, farmyard and watch the cheesemaking process. Be sure to check their website to view their seasonal operations.
To see even more Vermont Cheese Trail options visit the Vermont Cheese Council's website HERE.
Sign up for email updates regarding Vermont and New Hampshire events and activities from Weekend Wanderers HERE!