Lebanon Fire Department photo

West Lebanon Burger King closed due to small fire


Submitted a year ago
Created by
Eric Francis

One woman treated for smoke inhalation

WEST LEBANON - The Burger King restaurant in West Lebanon will remain closed until further notice following a small grease fire that broke out in the kitchen area early Monday afternoon.

    Fire engines and ambulances from Lebanon and neighboring Hartford, Vermont responded to a report of smoke coming from the kitchen of the restaurant at 1:25 p.m. and Lebanon Fire Chief Chris Christopoulos said he arrived to find a "light smoke condition" inside the building.

Advertisement: Content continues below...

    It was quickly determined that the incident had been caused by a small grease fire that broke out in a broiler and that by the time firefighters arrived it had already been extinguished by the fire suppression system built into the range hood in the kitchen.  

    A 33-year-old woman was initially treated at the scene by Lebanon and Hartford firefighters for smoke inhalation and was then transported by a Hartford Ambulance crew to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.  There were no other injuries but fire officials said the Burger King will remain closed until further notice while the company works to restore the fire protection systems and clean the area involved.

Vermont News can be contacted at vermontnews802@gmail.com

Comments

Download the DailyUV app today!