Short hikes with great views!
These five hikes are perfect for families looking to enjoy beautiful fall views. They'll leave you awestruck, but not breathless!
- Mt. Ascutney State Park (Windsor, VT) - A short, easy hike with a fire tower at the summit.
- Mt. Tom's Faulkner Trail (Woodstock, VT) - Enjoy the town of Woodstock, VT from above.
- Gile Mountain (Norwich, VT) - A fire tower stands at the end of this short hike that is perfect for even the youngest hikers. The Gile Mountain trail is temporarily CLOSED, please check the website for current trail conditions.
- Balch Hill (Hanover, NH) - There are several trail options for getting to the summit and Balch Hill is perfect for picnics.
- Mt. Cardigan (Canaan, NH) - Leashed dogs are also allowed on this trail.
Sign up HERE for email updates on Upper Valley events and activities from Weekend Wanderers!