One of our favorite things to do as a family is take a trip to the ocean. We've traveled to dozens of beaches up and down the New England coastline. With so many beautiful options, it was hard to limit this list to just six places! All of these locations have sandy beaches, they are easy to access and they have breathtaking views.
1. Ogunquit Beach (Ogunquit, ME) - This beach is a popular one, so arrive early to claim a good spot. Be sure to check tidal charts as the beach will nearly disappear at high tide. When the tide goes out, there are miles of clean, sandy beach to explore.
2. Long Sands Beach (York, ME) - Long Sands Beach has affordable street parking, but you have to arrive early. It's easy to get onto the beach and you get to take in the view of Nubble Lighthouse while you play. It's another beach where you need to be aware of the tide schedule.
3. Wallis Sands Beach (Rye, NH) - Wallis Sands Beach tends to be on the warmer side. The beach area is small at high tide, but expansive when the tide is out. The beach has a large parking lot and clean facilities.
5. Pine Point Beach (Scarborough, ME) - Pine Point Beach has all of the best beach qualities. It's clean, sandy, gorgeous and easy to access.
6. Easton's Beach (Newport, RI) - Also known as First Beach, this beach sits at the beginning of the Cliff Walk. It has great waves for surfing or boogie boarding. There is a carousel nearby and the famous Del's lemonade truck makes a stop at the beach.
Do you have a favorite New England beach that didn't make the list? Tell us about it in the comments section!
Sign up HERE for email updates on new blog posts from Weekend Wanderers!