Summer is winding down, but we still have a few weeks to enjoy this warm, sunny season. Make the most of it by visiting one of our area's beautiful lakes!
1. Lake Winnipesauke (various towns in New Hampshire) - Visit Weirs Beach, NH to experience one of the greatest lake beaches in the area. Weirs Beach boasts ferry rides, train rides, a boardwalk and a clean, beautiful beach.
2. Lake Willoughby (East Burke, VT) - Many say that Lake Willoughby reminds them of Norwegian fjords. The views around the lake are unparalleled. They have a couple of small beaches to play at, but you're really going for the nearby hiking, the scenery and the crystal clear water.
3. Mascoma Lake (Enfield, NH) - Mascoma Lake has a small public beach and is home to the Mascoma Sailing Club. You can buy an annual membership and enjoy sailing around the lake throughout the summer season through the sailing club.
4. Emerald Lake State Park (East Dorset, VT) - Fish, hike, swim or paddle around the emerald green waters of this state park. The beach and swimming area is perfect for families.
5. Lake Sunapee (Sunapee, NH) - Covered bridges, ferry tours of the lake, shopping, hiking and more surround Lake Sunapee. This lake is the perfect place for a day trip or even an extended vacation.
Sign up HERE for email updates full of events and activities in New Hampshire and Vermont!