Upper Valley Summer Bucket List 2017
Top 10 Upper Valley Summer Activities!
Summer is officially here! Summer always seems to fly by far too quickly. To help you make the most of the season, here is a Summer Bucket List catered specifically to the Upper Valley!
- Eat some ice cream! Two of our top picks are Ice Cream Fore-U (West Lebanon, NH) and Whippi Dip (Fairlee, VT).
- Take a Hike. We love to hike Quechee Gorge and then cool off in the river. It's kid friendly and a perfect way to cool off on a warm day.
- Find your favorite swimming hole. The best swimming holes are usually the quiet, secluded ones you stumble upon yourself. Here are few Upper Valley Swimming Holes to get you started on your search!
- Head to the beach. There are some great local beaches, but it's also fun to head to the ocean. Read about my favorite beaches near and far HERE.
- Watch a ball game. You can stay local and watch the Upper Valley Nighthawks play or head down to Fenway Park to see a Red Sox game.
- Go to the Drive-In. This is one of my favorite summer traditions. We usually visit the Fairlee Drive-In (Fairlee, VT) during the summer months.
- Attend an outdoor concert. Many Upper Valley towns hold their own summer concert series. Hartford, VT holds their Summer Concert Series at 6:30pm on Wednesday evenings.
- Pack a picnic. Take your picnic to a local farm or head to a quiet place, like Lake Fairlee, to enjoy your food.
- Visit a Farmers' Market. The Upper Valley is full of some of the best Farmers' Markets. My personal favorites is the Norwich Farmers' Market. The Lebanon Farmers' Market is a close second.
- Go berry picking. Strawberries are currently in season and soon raspberries and blueberries will be available, too! Find more information about UV berry picking HERE.
What are your favorite Upper Valley summer activities? Leave them in the comment section below!
Sign up HERE for email updates about Upper Valley events and activities!