A Rural Sampler of Fun & Interesting Things to Do
Some city folks may think there’s just not a lot going on out in the country. If you live in a larger town you may even look at this post and wonder, Where’s Vershire? Well, it’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere, or on the northwestern margin of the Upper Valley as far as the dailyUV.com audience is concerned, but that doesn’t stop us from filling our summers with great fun, productive planning and meetings, and enlightening community-based education.
Here’s just a sampling of the upcoming offerings of summer in Vershire. Please comment or contact me directly if you know of any additional listings or changes to this list. Otherwise, I’ll see you in Vershire this summer!
Vershire Day - July 1 - organized by multiple groups in town, fun for everyone! Parade, barbecue, all kinds of festivities - stay tuned for schedule and details coming soon.
Annual Book, Bake & Plant Sale - coming right up!
VerShare special events:
- Book, Bake & Plant Sale: June 10, 10-2
- Vershire Summer Camp: July 10-14, 8:30-3:30
- Healing Gardens Tour: July 23, 2-5 - NOTE: originally published as July 22. July 23 is correct!
VerShare regular events:
- Senior/Community Lunch - first Wednesdays at noon
- Civics Klatch - every Wednesday at 7:30-9 a.m.
- Vershire Women's Wellness Circle - 2nd Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Vershire Community Library - Wednesdays 10-11:30 (Story Time), Thursdays 2-5, Saturdays 10-1
- Made In Vershire Shop - Saturdays 10-1
- Board Meeting - 1st Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Book Discussion Group - 1st Thursdays 7 p.m.
- Community Potluck - 4th Friday 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Camp & Community Potlucks occupy the Town Center - with plenty of room to play!
- Modern Day Bodhisattva Seminar with Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche - June 17, 2017 to June 18, 2017
- Sangdrup Sangha Retreat with Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche - August 26, 2017 to August 31, 2017
- Dzogchen Seminar with Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche - September 2, 2017 to September 3, 2017
- Children's Eventing Camp Week Sessions July 2-29
- Adult Eventing Camp June 11-July 1, July 30-August 12
- Family Camp Memorial Day & Labor Day weekends
- MeadowRun July 17-30, Day Camps July 18-29
- Regular meetings - 1st Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Annual meeting - 1st Sunday in August at 1 p.m.
- Walk the Stone Chimney at Ely Mines - July 22 at 9 a.m.
- Fall Tour at Ely Mines - August 19 at 9 a.m.
Greeley Mine in Stockbridge, Vermont
- Spring Closing Ceremony - June 3
- 5, 10, 15 year reunion - June 9-11
- 20 year reunion - August 4-6
- 25 + year reunion - August 11-13
- Fall Opening Day - August 26
Garden Hill at the Mountain School
Vershire Fire & Rescue (685-3013):
- Regular meetings - 1st & 3rd Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Auxiliary team meetings - being organized now, so contact Laura Craft 685-4640 to find out more
Town of Vershire (685-2227):
- Selectboard meetings - every other Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Town Clerk/Treasurer open hours - Tuesdays thru Thursdays 8:30-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.
- Listers - Thursdays 1-4:30 p.m. or by appointment
- Planning Commission meetings - 2nd Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
- Recycling & Trash Collection - Saturdays 7-noon
As you can see from this robust list, our town is full of exciting events and wonderful people with interesting stories. What's yours?
Who or what topics would you like to see featured in the Vershire Buzz? This is your voice, so I'd love to hear from you. Email me at the **new email address** firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-685-7752.
Click here to have every post of the Vershire Buzz delivered right to your hive (or inbox, whichever is most convenient) Friday-ish every week, just like delicious nectar and pollen harvested by friendly little bees for the queen.
Visit the Vershire Buzz home page on dailyUV.com for previous blog posts.