The Claremont Fire Dept. was called to Park Ave. Tuesday afternoon (Bill Binder photo).

Fire Department Responds to Kitchen Fire


Submitted 2 years ago
Created by
Phyllis Muzeroll

Heavy Damage Reported To That Area of Building

The Claremont Fire Department responded at 1:55 p.m. to a report of a fire at 8 Park Ave. this afternoon, Tuesday.  The fire was declared under control at 2:20 p.m. The fire reportedly was started by cooking oil on the stove catching fire.   Flames extended to the cupboards and walls above, and there was heavy damage to the kitchen area but no extension to the second floor. Everyone got out of the building and there were no injuries fighting the fire.

Advertisement: Content continues below...

Severe to moderate smoke conditions had spread throughout the building, a two- and-half story multi-family dwelling.  Crews overhauled the fire room and checked for extension, on both floors, with a thermal imaging camera.  Crews remained on scene for some time clearing smoke from all three apartments, said Chief Rick Bergeron.  The owner on scene was Jamie Mulhern, the occupant of the second-floor apartment.

The property is insured; the fire department was assisted on scene by the Claremont Police Department and Golden Cross Ambulance.  The duty shift responded to the scene with two engines, a ladder and two command cars.

Comments

Download the DailyUV app today!