Nine Wacky Questions with Christine Bourne
Hartland Elementary School has picked a new principal.
Christine Bourne, a Cornish resident, will take the reins in Hartland, and step into her first administrative role, July 1.
Bourne, 47, is currently a fourth grade teacher at Ottauquechee School. She has 22 years of classroom experience.
We wanted to get to know her better, so we asked her nine wacky questions.
What was the worst punishment you received in school?
I had to write "I will not chew gum in school" 1,000 times.
Growing up, what did you think you'd be?
I always wanted to be a teacher. I love working with kids.
What are three things still left on your bucket list?
1. Family trip to Europe.
2. Build a "Tiny House" start to finish.
3. Own a food truck (I love to cook)!
If you were suddenly the winner of a $10 million lottery ticket, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
I would definitely buy a vacation house in the Caribbean and share it with family and friends.
What TV show are you watching on Netflix?
What book did you last read?
Professional book - "A School Leader’s Guide To Standards Based Grading" by Jan K. Hoegh, Phil Warrick, and Tammy Heflebower.
Pleasure book – "The Husband’s Secret" by Liane Moriarty.
What’s your favorite candy?
Which three people, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with?
1. My kids (I have three, but I’ll count them together as one) because they are adults and I don’t get to spend enough time with them.
2. Michael Jackson (because I grew up in the '80s and I love his music).
3. Any politician who is willing to talk about how we can best support education.
What is your favorite family tradition?
I always make my family take a silly themed Christmas card picture with costumes and props. They hate it and love it at the same time!