A Few Short Tips
We've been at this for a while now. We've seen ads that work digitally and ads that don't. To make yours as strong as possible, here are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Don't clutter your ad with text. Digital ads are different from print. Keep in mind that most people are looking at your ad on their cellphones and they won't bother to read small text. You want an eye-catching visual and a single, clear message. As a rule of thumb, the ad should be 80% image and only 20% text. Something like this:
2. If you want people to take action or click over to a webpage, tell them. Given them an unambiguous call to action like "Learn More" or "Call Now." If you want to lead them to a webpage with information or an order form, do something like this:
And if you don't have a webpage, but want them to call or drop by, make sure they know:
3. If the ad you're designing has a white background, put a darker border around it. Otherwise, it'll just blend into the background on our pages. Do something like this:
4. Don't waste space with needless contact info, unless you're specifically telling people to call or visit. Interested customers will click on your ad to learn more. Entice them!
5. Finally, the basics: Please send your ad with a 1008 x 840 px aspect ratio.