Cedar Circle Farm is a certified organic vegetable and berry farm with a Farmstand, retail greenhouses, and an Education Center. We have a farm kitchen, a coffee shop, and a CSA program. We are an organic farm with a social mission, engaging the community to develop and share practices that promote regenerative agriculture, good health, and a resource-rich environment.
We’re currently seeking an Assistant Farmstand Manager (AFM) to join our team at the end of March 2017. This position is 40 hours/week April-October, 30 hours/week November-December, Occasionally, as needed January-March
The AFM will ensure that customers have the best possible experience when they shop, including: practicing excellent customer service skills, and making sure that displays are full and visually appealing, signage is present and accurate, questions are answered. It is also the responsibility of the AFM to track inventories and order certain bought-in products for resale in the farmstand, to troubleshoot technical issues (for instance with the credit card machine or cash register), and to work with the Retail & Marketing Manager (RMM) on retail staff scheduling and training.
- Working with the RMM to oversee the daily workings of the farmstand
- Training retail staff
- Working with the RMM to schedule retail staff
- Finding replacement staff when people call in sick, or filling in shifts as necessary
- Tracking inventory of bought-in products
- Placing weekly orders for bought-in products for sale in farmstand
- Communicating with the RMM and the Communications & Administrative Coordinator about marketing needs, promotions, etc.
- Troubleshooting issues with cash register, credit card machine, etc
- Replying to farmstand related customer phone calls/emails, as needed
- Being proactive and observant – seeing what needs to be done!
- Leadership and staff training
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Retail knowledge, especially produce
- Designing displays
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and thinking on your feet in a retail setting
- Friendly, level-headed, able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor even in difficult situations
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible, easy-going
- Good at motivating the team
- Able to delegate tasks and be a leader while promoting an inclusive team atmosphere
- Observant and detail oriented
- Good aesthetic sense
- Interest in local, organic food & farming
- Interest in talking to customers about food, cooking, farming
Please fill out our online application and include a resume and cover letter.