A few months ago I talked about getting my packet together to send in to the Bariatric Program. Well, I am finally ready! I have all of my information ready! The packet was mailed yesterday!
What information did I need to get?
· A copy of my physical exam done by PCP, within the last year. I had my physical done in August or September last year so I just had my physical done and included the new physical in my packet.
· Any blood work you’ve had done within the last year. I have had quite a few blood tests done in the last year so I had to run around and gather all my medical records from here there and everywhere.
· Routine screening – for women – a pap & mammogram. I had my mammogram in October of last year so I had to wait until October of this year to get it done this year.
· 2 psychological evaluations done at least 30 days apart. I’ve been seeing a therapist since June, but she just recently gave me my evaluation. That was the last piece to my packet.
· A 7 day diet journal. I have been using myfitnesspal since June to track my daily food so I picked a random week and printed that out.
· Weight chart – Plot your weight ups and downs from age 18 until now.
· Signed patient agreement.
· Letter from PCP indicating they support your decision to have bariatric surgery and any diets you have tried in the last 5 years.
· Other tests – sleep study – I actually don’t have this yet. I use a CPAP so they just need proof that I use my CPAP and note from my sleep Doctor. I have an appointment on October 18, 2016 at DHMC.
The rest of these if you have had them done you need to supply them, I have not had them done, so it was not needed.
· Stress test and/or cardiac catheterization
· Upper endoscopy or colonoscopy
· Cardiac echocardiogram
· Lung function test if you have asthma, lung problems or a BMI over 60
My PCP has already sent in most of my information and they have requested further information and medical releases from me. For example, I had a hysterectomy in 1997, and because it was abdominal surgery they need the surgical notes.
The next couple of weeks will be very busy with work and medical appointments. As you know my husband is walking the same journey I am, though his is a little different because he is a type 2 diabetic and has his own health concerns. We have some medical appointments to deal with for him. We will be attending the sleep center doctors together, then I have a follow up with the neurologist the following week for my intracranial hypertension, then in a couple of weeks I have to see the spine center people for trouble I have been having with my back. Monty has a few appointments and procedures thrown in there too. It will be a busy few weeks.
It is becoming real! This is exciting! I still have to watch some video's and take some quizzes. I think that tonight would be a good night to watch some video's with my husband. Then I can get the first of my appointments set up at DHMC.
I get stronger and healthier every day and it is just wonderful!