A few ways to fight hunger in September:
- Wear orange on Thursday, September 8, 2016. Orange is the color of hunger relief.
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Purchase food for the Haven Food Shelf through our Virtual Food Drive. For Hunger Action Month 2016, a friend of the Haven will match cash donations specifically directed to the Food Shelf. Your dollar will double, and it will also let us purchase food at a lower cost than is available to you independently, stretching your donation even further.
- Tell your friends and family about Hunger Action Month. Help spread the word!
- Organize a food drive at a business or school for the Haven’s Food Shelf or for your local food bank.
- Bring lunch or coffee from home and donate the savings to hunger relief efforts at the Haven or another organization.
- Educate yourself about hunger in the United States by checking out the Feeding Americawebsite. One in seven Americans faces hunger.
For more information visit http://uppervalleyhaven.org/