Second DUI this month hospitalizes Weathersfield man

Submitted 2 years ago
Created by
Eric Francis

Found lying unconscious in a field near his car

WEATHERSFIELD - A Weathersfield man was hospitalized with a head injury late Tuesday afternoon following his second drunk driving arrest in as many weeks.

    Luke Chrisinger, 32, was found lying unconscious in a field near a piece of farm machinery off Little Ascutney Road shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday, prompting an emergency response from the Weathersfield and Ascutney volunteer fire departments, Golden Cross Ambulance, and the Vermont State Police.

Advertisement: Content continues below...

    Trooper Jason Lengfellner said late Tuesday that he was looking into reports that Chrisinger had struck his head on a piece of farm machinery while running across the field but he stressed that the investigation was on-going and it was not clear whether those initial accounts were accurate.

    Trooper Lengfellner said that before the ambulance crew transported Chrisinger to Mount Ascutney Hospital, where his condition was not immediately available, he was able to obtain a breath sample from Chrisinger that registered a 0.232 percent blood alcohol level, which would be almost three times Vermont’s legal limit for driving.

Luke Chrisinger

    Although Chrisinger had reportedly been driving erratically on Little Ascutney Road in the minutes before he was spotted lying motionless in the field, Trooper Langfellner said it did not appear that he had crashed.

    Less than two weeks ago, Chrisinger been arrested on nearby Route 131 during the pre-dawn hours of Saturday, September 10th and charged with drunk driving.

    Vermont State Police Trooper Gary Salvatore said he initially pulled Chrisinger over just after 1:30 a.m. that morning for a minor motor vehicle violation but then determined that he’d been drinking and arrested Chrisinger after he blew a 0.150 percent blood alcohol level on a roadside breath test.

Comments 2

Download the DailyUV app today!