Dartmouth Sports: August 29-September 4
Football and rugby action in Hanover this week; plus ticket & game day tips
Each week I'll be highlighting any Dartmouth Athletics events that are happening in Hanover. As mentioned in a prior post, we're fortunate to have D1 college sports to watch and student athletes for our younger kids to meet and cheer on. Learn more about different sports offered at Dartmouth, hear from student athletes, and see the venues they play in on this cool Virtual Tour - I've cued this link to Women's Rugby, but you can scroll along the left side menu to see many other sports.
THIS WEEK: Green and White Football Scrimmage and the Home Opener for Women's Rugby
Both on Saturday, September 3rd - see image above
The Dartmouth Football team will be looking to follow up their banner year in 2015. Coming off a campaign in which the Big Green went 9-1 overall and earned a share of its 18th Ivy League crown with a 6-1 mark in conference play, Dartmouth’s 2016 home schedule features UNH in the home opener under the lights of Memorial Field, a Friday night nationally-televised match-up with Penn, and Harvard on Homecoming.
Buy your single game tickets online, over the phone (603-646-2466) or in person at the ticket office at 6 South Park Street. NEW this year, the Dartmouth Ticket Office is now offering print at home ticketing. Purchase your tickets online or over the phone and print the tickets in the comfort of your own home or office - no need to wait in will call lines or pay additional mail charges. I think this will be pretty handy. But I'll miss the ticket office staff recognizing me at the window and even over the phone for all the time I'm getting my tickets!
Mark your calendars for this year's home Dartmouth Football games at Memorial Field:
- Saturday, September 17th at 7pm – vs. UNH
- Friday, September 30th at 7pm – vs. PENN
- Saturday, October 15th at 1:30 pm – vs. TOWSON
- Saturday, October 29th at 1:30 pm – vs. HARVARD (Homecoming)
- Saturday, November 12th at Noon – vs. BROWN
BONUS: Pro tips for attending Dartmouth Athletics events:
- Be sure to check the online ticket page to see what sports require paid tickets to attend. Even within those sports, some game are free! For example, with soccer all Ivy-league games are ticketed, but other games are free and un-ticketed. Some double headers are also available.
- On-line sales end two hours before the game. Pre-purchased tickets may be picked up at the field beginning one hour before the start, or at the ticket office will-call window during their open hours.
- Group rates are great deals for extended family outings, sports team group bonding, or for other groups to take advantage of. Also check out Family Fun Packs!
- From our experience, for most games you should be able to still get tickets at the gate upon arrival. Exceptions involve some football or men's hockey games.
- Shuttle buses are available if parking in the "event parking" lots further away. They will drop you off at or near the game venue and it runs regularly. If you wish to park near the actual venues, Thompson Lot is your best bet, but come early and be ready to pay as it's not always free parking.
- Bring a few extra dollars if you plan to grab a snack at the concession stands. Some venues also have some local food vendors. EBA's, Boloco, Moreno Gelato, Big Fatty's BBQ are the favorites in our family. Dartmouth Dining Service concessions stands also tend to have a good selection. Some will allow you to pay by credit card, others are cash only.
- If you have children in grade 8 or below - sign them up for the Kid's Club! More about this here.
Go Big Green!
Like what you read? Keep up to date by subscribing! You can receive an email notification each time I post something new to this blog by clicking here. To view my profile and previous posts, check this page out. You can also follow Balls and Boards on Facebook.