TheUpperValley.com is happy to announce it's first-ever-ballot-driven-Oscars-inspired contest! We may not look like LA, or act like LA, but we can play LA.
The rules are simple and listed at the end of this write up. In summary, play once (per email address), submit your ballot as soon as you can, and check back each week to read Bob's film picks under our movies section. (Hint: His write ups are fabulous and you may just be able to pick your winners based on his incredible summaries. You will learn a lot!).
To submit your official guess for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Actor (Supporting Role), Best Actress (Supporting Role) and Best Animated Feature CLICK HERE.
And, if you need inspiration:
Our Simple Rules:
1. Only submissions via the official ballot will be considered. Submit your predictions for the top six Oscar categories and one ‘tie breaker’ using the official ballot at www.theuppervalley.com or TheUpperValleyOscarsContest.
2. Prizes will be awarded based on the best total score, with the following points awarded for each category:
a. Best Picture: 5 points
b. Best Director: 4 points
c. Best Actress and Actor: 3 points each
d. Best Supporting Actor and Actress: 2 points each.
3. In the case of a tie, the Best Animated Film will be used as the tie-breaker. If contestants are still tied, the date and time of the earliest submission will be considered the winner.
4. Only one submission per email address will be considered; and the date and time of the earliest submission from any email will be considered the official submission.
5. Entries MUST BE RECEIVED by Saturday, February 21, 2015 , Midnight EST.
6. Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers based on the total points earned and the tie-breakers noted above.
a. First prize: Five movie passes to the Nugget Theater
b. Second prize : Three movie passes to the Nugget Theater
c. Third prize: Two movie passes to the Nugget Theater
7. The determination of the Editor of TheUpperValley.com will be considered final and binding.
Winners will be announced Monday, February 23, 2015.