CAPITAL FACILITIES PLANNING & BUDGETING COMMITTEE
Friday, August 12, 2011, Tracy Hall - Multipurpose Room
This set of minutes has not been reviewed or approved by the Committee
Members Present: Tom Gray, Neil Fulton, John Lawe, Evan Pierce, Barry Rotman
Members Absent: Ed Childs, Tom Sterling, Bob White
Secretary: Tom Gray Others: Pete Webster
Tom Gray, Chair, called the meeting to order at 8:08 am.
1. Review of Agenda. The agenda was approved by consensus.
2. Public Comments. None.
3. Review of Information Received / 4. Determine Information Still Needed. Fulton guided the
committee through a line-item review of information received today from various Town
Departments. While considerable progress has been made in obtaining information, there are still
some items and some background justifications that have not been submitted.
5. Revise Future Meeting Schedule. Fulton provided a draft future meeting schedule. The
Committee discussed the schedule, but took no definitive action.
6. Preparation for Second Public Forum. The Second Public Forum, tentatively proposed for
Wednesday, August 17, will be postponed until the Committee is ready to provide a complete list
of proposed capital projects and ask for additional ideas from the public. In addition to
scheduling a Forum to collect ideas, the Committee will prepare and send an e-mail to the town
lists with a cover letter asking for ideas and including a simplified proposal form. Gray will draft
the cover letter and Fulton will draft the simplified proposal form.
7. Discussion of Agenda for Next Meeting. The next meeting will review the draft letter to the
public and any additional capital project proposal information that has been submitted.
8. Review Minutes of June 23 Meeting. Rotman moved (Pierce second) to approve the
minutes of the June 23 meeting. Motion passed unanimously.
9. Adjourn. The Committee adjourned at 9:10 A.M.
Adopted by the Committee August 18, 2011.
Tom Gray, Secretary (Acting)
Tom Gray, Chair
Future Meetings: Thursday, August 18, 2011, at 8:00 am